This dish I learned many years ago from Savta Rivka. It is a tasty and filling dish, perfect for a dairy meal.
It’s a great solution if you have left-over cooked white rice. The amounts don’t matter – use as much rice as you want, and as many apples and raisins as you like.
This is a wonderful comfort food!
- cooked white rice
- peeled apples cut into cubes
- raisins, dark or light
- sugar, to taste
- 1-2 eggs (depending on the amount of rice, apples, etc.).
- sour cream
- a touch of cinnamon
- butter for frying
- Peel and cube as many apples as you like, depending on the amount of cooked rice you are using.
- In non-stick frying pan, put some butter, and add the peeled and cubed apples, the raisins, and some sugar. Heat for a few minutes.
- Add the cooked rice, and mix with the apples, raisins and sugar in the pan.
- Cook on a very low flame for about 15 minutes, adding some butter if needed. Pan should be covered.
- Mix in 1-2 eggs, mixing until well incorporated. Continue cooking for another 10-15 minutes, on a small flame. The applesshould be soft by now.
- Add a few spoonfuls of sour cream and mix. Cook for another few minutes.
- Serve together with some extra sour cream if desired.