This is an easy stand-by which the family enjoys, and so do I, since it requires hardly any effort to prepare.
This recipe uses frozen string beams – do not defrost before cooking.
- 400 grams (approx. 1 lb.) frozen stringbeans – can be green or yellow
- 2 ripe tomatoes, sliced or chopped
- 1 clove of garlic, sliced or chopped
- dried oregano
- 1/4 cup of olive oil.
- In a medium size pot, place half the bag or box of frozen string beans
- On top of the string beans place half the sliced or chopped tomatoes.
- Add half the chopped or sliced garlic, some salt, pepper and oregano.
- Pour half the amount of olive oil.
- Place the rest of the frozen string beans over that.
- Add the rest of the sliced or chopped tomatoes.
- Add the rest of the sliced or chopped garlic, some salt, pepper and oregano.
- Pour over the rest of the olive oil.
- Put cover on the pot, and cook on a low-medium heat (be careful not to burn the bottom), for about 35-40 minutes, mixing once during the cooking.