This is a very easy and refreshing salad; I sometimes make it with large radishes, as in the attached photo, but it can be made with small radishes, halved and sliced. The radishes – large or small, can also be grated in the food processor. Either way, the results are excellent.
As you can see in the photo (bottom of the page), this time I used the Benriner Japanese Turning Slicer, which is such fun to use. The results are long strings of radishes. After slicing them in the turning slicer, I make a few slices through the pile of radish strings, so as to make the strings shorter and easier to eat (Note: only the large round radishes can be used in the Benriner Turning Slicer; if you use small radishes, either slice them thinly or grate them in food processor).
- Radishes (large or small)
- Lemon juice
- Canola oil
- Wash and trim radishes
- Grate or slice thinly.
- Put lemon juice, a bit of vinegar, one or two teaspoons of canola oil, and salt – to taste.
- Mix with grated or sliced radishes.
- Taste and correct seasoning.
- Store till serving time in closed container or covered dish.
Leave a Reply